Bring the kids out to Navy Pier this weekend as the Chicago Children’s Museum’s ice rink opens on Nov. 13 in Snow Much Fun, a much-loved winter tradition. In this whimsical, snowy cityscape, come experience all the joys of winter—with none of the cold!
Lose your shoes and take to the “ice” to swirl, slide, and spin on the rink designed for sock-footed skaters of all ages. Engage in a friendly snowball fight, lobbing your fluffy ammunition from behind a towering, do-it-yourself “ice” fortress. Deck out a family of snow people in flashy hats and shimmering fabrics.
The youngest visitors and the young at heart will enjoy the ultimate Chicago snow day—no mittens required!
Regular Museum Hours
- Daily: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday evenings: 5-8 p.m.
Special Seasonal Hours: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 27 and Saturday, Nov. 28
- Saturday, Dec. 26 through Wednesday, Dec. 30
- Thanksgiving and Christmas days: Closed
- Christmas Eve: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- New Year’s Day: Noon-5 p.m.