The Chicago Flower & Garden Show, held each March at Navy Pier (March 14-22, 2015), is an experience for the senses, invoking memories of spring after a long and cold Chicago winter.
The Show, presented by Mariano’s, creates an experience that attendees will never forget by presenting new and exciting interactive concepts. It is where consumers and gardeners alike come to see the latest that the industry has to offer. Consumers want more from the people that “sell” them “things”—they want an experience; and the Chicago Flower & Garden Show creates an emotion and physical experience that incites the consumer with those who support it.
Local landscape designers, builders, and suppliers create realistic solutions within feature gardens and displays that inspire and demonstrate to attendees the possibilities for their own gardens, yards or balconies—it is a visual shopping tour of gardening, greening, floral, and home-related ideas.
The renewed theme of “Do Green, Do Good” will treat upward of 40,000 gardening enthusiasts and newbies alike to the sights, scents, and sounds of feature gardens with blooming perennials, annuals, trees, and water features. In addition to the Display Gardens, the show also features:
- Gardening Live Stage and Seminar Series: A continued focus on educational, interactive workshops and seminars by leading industry professionals
- Garden Gourmet Stage: Cooking demonstrations by top Chefs in a garden setting
- Kid’s Activity Garden: Hands-on fun and learning for future gardeners and gardening consumers
- Photography Competition: A judged exhibit by amateur photographers
- Tablescapes Exhibit: Cutting-edge ideas for the dining table presented by leading interior and floral designers
- Art of Floral Exhibit: Stunning interpretive floral designs by the American Institute of Floral Designers paired to pieces of artwork
- The Marketplace: A shopper’s paradise with over 100 exhibitors of green-industry and related goods and services
- National Cake Decorating Competition:presented in conjunction with the Retail Bakers Association of America.
- Evening in Bloom: A charity preview eventthat provides a sneak peek of the Flower & Garden Show prior to opening to the public. Proceeds benefit local greening and charitable organizations.
Tickets range from $17-$19. The show runs March 14-22 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mon.-Weds. and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thurs.-Sat. Purchase tickets at the Box Office or online.