Written by Dustin Ford
Summer is slowly coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late to go see the movies in the Park. August is the last month for most parks featuring free public viewings. There are roughly two free movies being shown each week. You can check out our special guide to see dates and times for all the movies being shown. It is listed here.
There has been a great turnout so far. Thousands of Chicagoans have fled to the parks each week to lay out on the grass and kick back. Depending on what is being shown, the parks tend to fill up quickly. It is recommended to get there early.
Some of the movies that have been shown include:
- Jaws, the cult classic the made everyone afraid to go to the beach
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, the animated Marvel movie that won the Academy Award for Best Animated Film
- Isle of Dogs, the innovative Wes Anderson movie about a boy and his dog.
- Crazy Rich Asians, the romantic comedy-drama placed amongst pedigreed Chinese families
- Bee Movie, which is arguably the finest film ever created.
With so many different films to choose from, there is something for everyone.
Be sure to check out a free movie at some of our local parks while you can. The clock is ticking!
Also, check out our blog for more fun things to do this Summer.