To celebrate half a decade of mind-bending melting pot dishes at their hip-hop haven, Partners Abraham Conlon and Adrienne Lo are blowing the doors off their Logan Square hot-spot with a five day bash.
Now through Nov. 18, Fat Rice is featuring a special menu that highlights the “Original Gangsta” dishes that helped put the restaurant on the map, having earned such accolades such as Bon Appétit’s “Top Ten Restaurants in America” 2013, Jean Banchet award winner for Best Restaurant 2013, and more.
Guests can look forward to dining on their favorite throwback dishes during the anniversary celebration, including:
- Pork and Shrimp Pot Stickers
- Chilli Clam — duo of steamed and fried surf clam, mung bean noodles, fermented black bean and garlic butter
- Diabo Curry — turmeric chicken, braised beef, char siu, Indian-style pickles in a fiery stew
- Baked Pork Chop Rice — fried pork chop, São Jorge cheese, garlicky greens, coconut curry
- Portuguese Chicken — chorico, potato, olives, chicken fat fried croutons in a mild coconut curry
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake — sweet cream, licorice plum, cinnamon taro
- and more!
Many of the featured items will come from recipes straight out of The Adventures of Fat Rice cookbook, so guests can dine-in, pick up an exclusive signed copy of the cookbook specially priced at $25, and then take their own shot at creating the dish in the comfort of their own home.