EXPO CHICAGO returns to Navy Pier this week (Sept. 14-17), once again showcasing the city as an international cultural destination, while bringing the world’s top art galleries, critically acclaimed programming and international, national, and regional curators and collectors to Chicago.
EXPO CHICAGO presents 145 leading galleries representing 23 countries and 52 cities from around the world. EXPOSURE, the section of the fair dedicated to galleries that have been in business eight years or less, allows the opportunity for younger galleries to participate in a major international exposition.
In addition, EXPO CHICAGO will present the return of key programs including:
- EXPO Editions + Books, showcasing a cross-section of artist books, editions, prints and more.
- /Dialogues, the panel and lecture series presented in partnership with the School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- IN/SITU and IN/SITU Outside, a program of curated site-specific installations in Navy Pier’s Festival Hall as well as throughout the city of Chicago
- EXPO VIDEO, a curated selection of dynamic and cutting-edge film, video and new media works
- Special Exhibitions featuring select regional, national, and international non-profit institutions, museums, and organizations
- The Curatorial Forum allows the curators to discuss current and upcoming exhibitions with colleagues, dealers and attending artists, acting as a catalyst for future collaborative programming within their own institutions as well as with EXPO CHICAGO
EXPO CHICAGO Hours and Admission
Tickets start at $20 and may be purchased here. EXPO CHICAGO runs from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 11 a.m to 6 p.m. on Sunday.