The Park at Wrigley, the Lakeview East Chamber of Commerce, and the Belmont Theater District have joined forces to present Art & Theater @ The Park on Sunday, Aug. 27 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. This event will feature local artists showcasing fine art, crafts, and a family-friendly LOL Comedy Showcase featuring ComedySportz’s infamous improv matches, Storytown Children’s Improv, and the best of Laugh Factory’s standup comedy including audience prizes and live music.
The event kicks off at 11 a.m. with local artists showcasing fine art and crafts, followed by entertainment from popular Storytown Children’s Improv, ComedySportz’s infamous improv matches and the best of standup comedy from Laugh Factory. Continuing their commitment to bringing the best of art and music to the heart of Lakeview, Lakeview East Chamber of Commerce is excited about the partnership with the Park at Wrigley and the community.
Schedule of Events and Performances
- 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Local artists showcase their fine art and crafts throughout the day, as well as offering select pieces for sale. Interactive games, arts and crafts and family activities
- 11:30 – 11: 45 a.m.: The Japanese Culture Center will be presenting a demonstration of the dynamic martial art of Aikido. Aikido translates to the ‘the way of harmonizing with energy’. The techniques demonstrated will consist of movements that redirect the momentum of an opponent’s attack. Aikido also is recognized for its unique philosophy of peaceful reconciliation of conflict.
- 12 – 1:15 p.m.: Storytown Children’s Improv presents an hour-long, improvised show complete with musicians and artists. From superheroes to undersea adventures, princesses to dinosaurs, Storytown takes you on an interactive, fully improvised adventure, designed and shaped by the kids in the audience so no two stories are the same. Suitable for ages 3-10 and the whole family!
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.: ComedySportz offers a 60-min, family friendly, head-to-head improv match, where two teams of comedians face off in a series of high energy challenges, songs, and games, inspired by audience suggestions and volunteers. ComedySportz – bringing all ages comedy to Chicago for the past 30 years!
- 3 – 4:15 p.m.: World-famous Laugh Factory Chicago brings a night of standup comedy, dating stories and prizes to The Park at Wrigley! Host Paul Farahvar along with producers Andrew Sitter and Ross Kelly bring the most hilarious standup comics to discuss funny relationship stories … but the show doesn’t end there! Select audience members have the chance to share their own dating stories during the show, and win prizes!
- 4:15 p.m. – 5 p.m.: Live DJ and dancing
Art & Theater @ The Park is free to the public. No reservations are required, but space is limited. Visit parkatwrigley.com/events for more details and parkatwrigley.com/visit for directions. Free Parking is available at the Toyota Camry (GREEN) lot at 1126 W. Grace St.