The world’s preeminent art galleries, exhibiting the very best contemporary art and design in all media including ceramics, wood, glass, fiber, jewelry, metal, design, painting, photography, and works on paper – will converge at SOFA CHICAGO, Nov. 2-5 at Navy Pier’s Festival Hall.
Now in its 24th year, SOFA CHICAGO is one of the longest running, gallery-presented art fairs in the country, and Chicago’s most popular and well-attended art fair, which is dedicated to Sculpture, Objects and Functional Art and Design. The 2016 edition of SOFA CHICAGO offered more than 36,000 visitors and art collectors the opportunity to collect museum-quality works from some of the world’s most established galleries. The 2017 Fair will showcase nearly 80 new and returning galleries displaying artwork by emerging and established artists.
Here’s a highlight of select galleries and must-see works of art in 2017:
- Charon Kransen Arts (New York) promotes exciting, contemporary, international jewelry, and hollowware by both established and emerging artists, whose works are found in museum and private collections around the world.
- Duane Reed Gallery (St. Louis) represents nationally recognized contemporary artists working in the fields of painting, photography, and sculpture. The gallery is committed to showcasing innovative, established and emerging artists working both figuratively and abstractly in a variety of media, including ceramics and glass.
- Galerie Noel Guyomarc’h (Montreal) exhibits outstanding contemporary studio jewelry and objects created by Canadian and international artists.
- Gallery LVS and LVS Craft (Seoul, South Korea) introduce international contemporary works that are leading the international art market in Korea and overseas, and act as a foothold for the preeminent Korean artists to move on to the world stage.
- Gallery Sklo (Seoul, South Korea) is the first and only art gallery specializing in contemporary glass sculpture and objects in Korea, which exhibits glass artworks by both Korean and international artists.
- For over 43 years, Habatat Galleries (Royal Oak, MI), has been intimately involved in the Studio Glass Movement, showcasing the material to get the recognition it deserves as a fine art medium.
- For more than four decades Heller Gallery (New York) has exhibited top international artists who incorporate glass in their practice.
- Kirsten Muenster Projects (San Francisco, CA) showcases one-of-a-kind works of art reflecting a deep love of craft, material and process.
- Schantz Gallery (Stockbridge, MA) is the destination for visitors to experience firsthand the works of more than fifty internationally recognized artists working in glass.
- TAI Modern (Santa Fe) is a fine art gallery dedicated to exhibiting and supporting contemporary art in a variety of media, with a particular focus on Japanese bamboo art and baskets.
SOFA CHICAGO Information & Tickets
SOFA CHICAGO is open Thursday 5 p.m.–7 p.m. for VIP Preview ticket holders and from 7 p.m.–9 p.m. to the Public Preview ticket holders; SOFA CHICAGO is open Friday and Saturday 11 a.m.-7 p.m.; and Sunday 12 p.m.-6 p.m. Tickets are available in advance or at the door, and they allow access to all aspects of SOFA CHICAGO. Tickets are $20 for general admission in advance, and $25 at the door; $30 for three-day pass. For advance ticket sales visit sofaexpo.com
For more information, please visit www.sofaexpo.com or call 800-563-7632.