SOFA CHICAGO, the City of Chicago’s longest-running and most popular art fair returns to Navy Pier’s Festival Hall Nov. 3-6, with nearly 80 national and international galleries displaying the very best in Sculpture, Objects, Functional Art and Design.
Last year, over 36,000 people attended, with major works exhibited by artists such as Pablo Picasso, Hunt Slonem, Tip Toland, John Chamberlain, Lino Tagliapietra, Sheila Hicks, Jonathan Boyd, and more.
The 23rd edition of SOFA CHICAGO will once again showcase the best of the best, with more than 80 prestigious galleries with works by both emerging and established artists in ceramics, wood, glass, fiber, jewelry, metal, design, painting, photography and works on paper.
SOFA CHICAGO will kick-off with an Opening Night Preview on Thursday, Nove. 3 – an evening that has become the “must-attend” event of the season in the City of Chicago, offering the public, collectors and the art and design community a first look at this year’s Fair. The Opening Night Preview will take place from 5-9 p.m. with 5-7 p.m. VIP Preview open to VIP ticket holders only; followed by a Public Preview from 7-9 p.m. Tickets for the Opening Night Preview are available by visiting, www.sofaexpo.com or at the door.
SOFA CHICAGO will also feature special exhibits, compelling lectures, and demonstration areas that continue to thrill attendees and collectors, including:
- CORNING MUSEUM OF GLASS HOT GLASS ROADSHOW: The Corning Museum of Glass will once again entertain and amaze attendees with their Hot Glass Roadshow, which brings a live glassmaking experience direct to the SOFA show floor.
- SPECIAL EXHIBITS AT SOFA CHICAGO: The Special Exhibits at SOFA have become a beloved and anticipated feature of the Fair with exciting museum-style presentations organized by renowned museums and international art organizations including DIFFA (Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS), Collectors of Wood Art, the Glass Art Society, and Ball State University.
- CONNECT DESIGN COMPETITION: Six of the top design university programs in the country will gather to create innovative seating and lighting environments where attendees can relax and “connect” during the Fair.
- SOFA CHICAGO LECTURE SERIES:. Speakers will share their insights into current trends in art and design, and lectures include artists speaking about their own bodies of work to panel discussions addressing larger themes.
- SOFA SELECTS: SOFA Selects returns with favorite Fair pieces chosen by noted designers, curators, and critics.
SOFA is open Friday and Saturday 11 a.m.-7 p.m.; and Sunday 12-6 p.m. Tickets are available in advance or at the door, and they allow access to all aspects of SOFA. Tickets are $20 for general admission in advance, and $25 at the door; $30 for three-day pass. For advance ticket sales visit sofaexpo.com.