Chicago Gourmet, one of the nation’s most distinguished food festivals, is ready to rock your Oktoberfest with a Sünday Fünday to remember! As a new festival highlight for 2022, Chef Sarah Grueneberg (Monteverde Restaurant & Pastificio) will host Prost!
Guests will enjoy chef takes on classic German delights, oom-pah bands, fun cocktails, and of course, plenty of frosty pints to raise a hearty Prost!
Creating a Stir
During Chicago Gourmet, founding partner Illinois Restaurant Association, together with presenting sponsor Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits, will showcase an exciting array of spirited events featuring talent from Chicago and around the world from September 22-25, 2022 atop the Harris Theater Rooftop at Millennium Park. This year’s Chicago Gourmet theme – “Creating a Stir” – is showcased throughout the long weekend culminating in the launch of the brand new Oktoberfest-style event, Prost! In The Park.
Prost! In the Park takes place on Sunday, September 25 from 1-4 PM. Tickets are on sale now at chicagogourmet.org.
Participating 2022 Prost! In the Park chefs include:
- Chef Brian Ahern, BOEUFHAUS
- Chef D’Andre Carter, Soul & Smoke
- Chef Axel Erkenswick, Smack Dab
- Chefs Kurt Guzowski and Thomas Rice, Four Star Artisan
- Chef Kevin Hickey, The Duck Inn
- Chef Pamela Jones, Charboy’s
- Chef Ellen King, HEWN
- Chef Rob Levitt, Publican Quality Meats
- Chef Leigh Omilinsky, Swift & Sons
- Chef Tigist Reda, Demera Ethiopian Restaurant
- Chef Darnell Reed, Luella’s Southern Kitchen
- Chefs Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo, animal, Son of a Gun, Jon & Vinny’s, helen’s and more (Los Angeles, CA)
- Chef Mark Steuer, FUNKENHAUSEN
- Chef Bailey Sullivan, Monteverde Restaurant & Pastificio
- Chef Paul Virant, Vie, Vistro Prime and Gaijin
- Chef Steven Zabel, Performance Foodservice
World-class beer event
“Prost! In The Park offers an incredible opportunity to showcase new and known breweries in Illinois and beyond,” said Ray Stout, Executive Director, Illinois Craft Brewers Guild, who helped to curate participating breweries. “We aim to throw a world-class beer event, but we also seek to share a strong representation of up-and-coming breweries that provide a diverse snapshot of creativity in our community.”
Together with familiar favorites, nearly 20 Chicagoland breweries to watch, including several female and BIPOC-owned businesses, will serve up a variety of brews and special seasonal pours at the “Prost Pub.”
Leave the lederhosen at the door because this is one Oktoberfest to let loose!