A lot of people see craft brewing as a bubble ready to burst as every day there seems to be a new brewery opening up, but what they fail to understand is the craft brewing isn’t about taking over the world—it’s about art. Chicago craft brewers are arguably making the best art in the country and it’s time to celebrate it.
More than 300 venues will be showcasing Chicago’s best brews along with specialty beers at special events across the city during the sixth annual Chicago Craft Beer Week. Expect great flavors from countless breweries like Ale Syndicate Brewers, Half Acre Beer Co., Revolution Brewing, Scratch Brewing, Two Brothers Brewing Company, Vice District Brewing, and Lagunitas Brewing Company.
The celebration starts at Beer Under the Glass at the Garfield Park Conservatory where under the historic showhouses breweries like 5 Rabbit Cervecería, Atlas Brewing Company, and BuckleDown Brewery will be offering samples of their great beers. The week ends at the Welles Park Craft Beer Festival where 85 craft beers will be pouring over 170 beers. Here are some other Chicago Craft Beer Week highlights.
- All Rise Brewing Food and Beer Pairing with Chef Gilmore
- Enjoy food and beer pairings from chef Jason Gilmore while a special guest plays an acoustic set.
- A Bite Cafe and Revolution Brewing Beer Dinner
- Enjoy a family-style beer dinner created by Revolution Brewing and The Empty Bottle where you’ll enjoy four beers during four courses along with a live DJ.
- 3rd Annual Battle of the Breweries Arcade Tournament
- Cheer on your favorite breweries as they fight to be champions at this tournament that will also feature a tap takeover at Emporium Arcade Bar.
- Stay Smooth Craft Brews Cruise
- Yacht rock jams, Revolution Brewing, and Shoreline Sightseeing is all you need to know about this event.
Chicago Craft Beer Week runs May 14 – 24 at various locations throughout Chicago. For a full list of events, schedules, and tickets make sure to visit chibeerweek.com.