We all know Chicago loves to go all out for St. Patrick’s day. From dyeing the iconic Chicago River emerald green, hosting one of the best parade’s in the country, bar crawls, concerts and it doesn’t end there! We’ve created the ultimate guide of ways you can celebrate this St. Patrick’s Day!
The iconic dyeing of the Chicago river
Recognized throughout the entire country, this Chicago tradition goes back to more than fifty-years. Starting at 9am, you don’t want to miss out on seeing the annual event of the Chicago River being dyed emerald green.
St. Patrick’s Day Parades
- St. Patrick’s Parade- One of the largest parades in the nation, the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will be in downtown Chicago on Saturday, March 14th. The parade route will start at Columbus Drive from Balbo to Monroe starting at noon.
- Southside Irish Parade-This family friendly forty-year tradition will take you all over Western Avenue on Sunday, March 15th at noon.
- Northwest Side Irish Parade – Going on their 15th year, come celebrate faith, family and heritage on Sunday, March 15th beginning at noon.
- Chicago Shamrock Crawl– You don’t want to miss out on this Wrigleville party! Roam around from bar to bar with your friends and other-fun loving people in Wrigleyville while decked out in green from 8:00am- 2:00pm on March 14th!
- St. Paddy’s Day River Crawl– This event takes place in the heart of River North being steps away from the green river and the parade while crawling from bar to bar beside stilt walkers, bag pipers, “leprechauns” and more from 8:00am- 12:00pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Lincoln Park Bar Crawl– With a sea of green traveling from bar to bar TOGETHER from 4:00pm-9:00pm, this admission will get you into the best Lincoln Park Bars with drinks specials and an invitation to The Five Saints after-party.
Eats, Drinks + Celebrations
- Clutch Bar– Saturday, March 14th, 8:00am- 11:30am. With tickets starting at $65, join one of Chicago’s wildest St. Patrick’s Day celebrations including Irish drink & appetizer packages, party antics and more.
- Bounce Sporting Club– Saturday, March 14th, 8:00am- 11:30am. Delivering an all around energetic party crowd, you can experience a variety of table selections, video plasma walls, light shows and more at this early morning Irish banger. Tickets starting at $65.
- The Godfrey Hotel Chicago– Saturday, March 14th, 8:00am- 12:00pm. Everyone’s Irish on St. Patrick’s Day, so what better way to celebrate than with bottomless beer, mimosas, and Bloody Mary’s as well as a breakfast buffet! Tickets starting at $60.
- The Vig– Saturday, March 14th, 8:00am- 12:00pm. This wildly popular attraction in Old Town includes top shelf spirits, domestics, mimosas, appetizers and more all while toasting to an Irish encounter. Last call tickets for $75.
- Parlor Pizza (Wicker Park)– Saturday, March 14th, 8:00am- 12:00pm. This Wicker Park party kicks off early with top of the line food and beverages all within an expansive venue space surrounded with a premier crowd of party goers. Tickets starting at $60.
- St. Patrick’s Day Green River Booze Cruise– What better way to enjoy Chicago’s dying of the green river than with breaktaking views, multiple DJs, with videographers and photographers on Saturday, March 14th at 2:30pm. Tickets starting at $45.
- St. Patrick’s Day River Dying BYOB Booze Cruise– BYOB and party on the Chicago River as they dye it green. This booze cruise consists of 2 levels and 3 areas of fun, with music and drinks on Saturday, March 14th at 8:00am. Tickets starting at $90.
- St. Pat’s Booze Cruise aboard Chicago Spirit– There’s no better way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day than on a four story luxury yacht cruise on Lake Michigan with Djs playing your favorite Top 40s and multiple full bars on Saturday, March 14th at 11:30am. Tickets starting at $25.
Concerts + Events
- Steve Aoki- Looking how kick off the weekend? Head over to the Aragon ballroom on Friday, March 13th at 9:00pm by dancing to this popular American DJ’s music.
- Little Big Town- Sing along to this American Country Music group on either Friday, March 13th at 8:00pm or Saturday, March 14th at 8:00pm at the Chicago Theatre.
- Gabriel Igelsias- Join one of America’s most successful stand- up comedians perform at the United Center on Saturday, March 14th at 8:00pm.
- St. Paddy’s Day 5K & 8K Run/Walk- Grab your friend’s and show off your green in Lincoln Park on Saturday, March 14th at 9:30am, while receiving a post finisher’s medal and an oh-so satisfying beer at the post-race afterparty.
- Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K– Continue the St. Patrick’s Day celebrations while kicking off the spring running season at one of Chicago’s best running celebrations on Sunday, March 22nd at 8:30am around Grant Park!