With the oldest brewing school in the United States and the second-most craft breweries in the country, Chicago might as well be considered the beer capital of America. So celebrate all those delicious hops during Chicago Craft Beer Week.
More than 400 venues—100 more than last year—will be showcasing Chicago’s best brews along with specialty beers at special events across the city during the seventh annual Chicago Craft Beer Week. Expect great flavors from countless breweries like Half Acre Beer Co., Gino’s Brewing Company, Revolution Brewing, Motor Row Brewing, Two Brothers Brewing Company, Three Floyds Brewing Co., and Lagunitas Brewing Company.
The celebration starts at Beer Under the Glass at the Garfield Park Conservatory where under the historic showhouses breweries like Arclight Brewing Company, Vice Distric Brewing, and Deschutes Brewery will be offering samples of their great beers. The week ends at the Welles Park Craft Beer Festival. Here are some other Chicago Craft Beer Week highlights.
- Beggin’ for Brews, Barking for Bubbles, May 22
- This dog friendly beer event from Lagunitas Brewing Company not only includes tasty brews but also dog washes for your pup.
- Goose Island Battle of the Breweries 2016 Dodgeball Tournament, May 22
- See your favorite breweries duke it out in a competitive dodgeball tournament while you enjoy specialty Goose Island brews like Bourbon County Stout Raspberry, Huelly Lewis, Ferme La Mure, 2015 Bourbon County Stout Regal Rye, and Apple Cider Kombucha.
- Grill Out with Publican Quality Meats and Revolution, May 24
- Enjoy smoked pig, barbecue chicken, oysters, grilled sausages, and more from Publican Quality Meats while sipping on Fist City, Rev Pils, A Little Crazy, and Ghost Ride from Revolution Brewing.
- Revolution Brewing Shoreline Sightseeing Beer Cruise, May 27
- Enjoy some of Revolution Brewing’s best beers on a 90-minute Chicago River Cruise from Shoreline Sightseeing where you can enjoy some great food pairings and a live DJ.
Chicago Craft Beer Week runs May 19 – 29 at various locations throughout Chicago. For a full list of events, schedules, and tickets make sure to visit chibeerweek.com.