Illinois ranks 11th in the country in the number of craft breweries, and they’ll be represented during these Chicago Craft Beer Week Events.
More than 400 venues will be showcasing Chicago’s best brews along with specialty beers at special events across the city during the eighth annual Chicago Craft Beer Week. Expect great flavors from countless breweries like Half Acre Beer Co., Motor Row Brewing, Revolution Brewing, Vice District Brewing, Two Brothers Brewing Company, Three Floyds Brewing Co., and Lagunitas Brewing Company.
The celebration starts at Beer Under the Glass at the Garfield Park Conservatory where under the historic showhouses breweries like Baderbräu, Penrose Brewing, and Solemn Oath Brewery will be offering samples of their great beers. Here are some other Chicago Craft Beer Week highlights.
- Fourth Annual Battle For Lake Michigan, May 18–25, Links Taproom, 1559 N. Milwaukee Ave.
- Visit Links Taproom to see Illinois, Michigan, or Mindionsin—Minnesota, Indiana, and Wisconsin—battle it out for the Asian Carp Trophy. Each state will have 10 kegs and a firkin, and the first state to run out of kegs will not only get the trophy but will get $500 donated to their respective chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Putt-Putt At Revolution Tap Room, May 19–21, 3 p.m.–9:30 p.m., Revolution Tap Room , 3340 N. Kedzie Ave.
- For the first time Revolution Brewing has put a nine-hole, mini-golf course in their tap room just for Chicago Craft Beer Week. Enjoy some beer-themed golf while sipping on some of their delicious beer including their new Sun Crusher.
- The Beerfly Alleyfight, May 20, 12 p.m.–5 p.m., Haymarket Pub & Brewery , 737 W. Randolph St.
- In this homebrew competition not only do homebrewers brew a beer of their choice, but they also bring a homemade dish that pairs with their beer. The twist comes in when artists visit the homebrewers to create performances that will pair with the brewer’s beer and food.
- South Side Craft Beer Fest, May 20, 1 p.m.–6 p.m., Baderbrau Brewing Company 2515 S. Wabash Ave.
- The South Side brewing scene has exploded recently and they’re sharing their delicious brews at the South Side Craft Beer Fest. Baderbrau Brewing Company, Motor Row Brewing, Vice District Brewing, and other breweries will be offering over 50 unique craft beers.
- Goose Island’s Annual Battle of the Breweries Dodgeball Tournament, May 21, 2 p.m.–6 p.m., Goose Island Barrel House, 603 N. Sacramento
- There is a lot of love and support in the Illinois Craft Brewery community but all the love is shed during this dodgeball tournament. Along with watching breweries battle it out, sample some of Goose Island’s specialty beers like the 2012 BCS Cherry Rye, 2013 Lolita, 2014 BCS Proprietors, 2014 BCS Vanilla, 2015 BCS Rare, and 2016 BCS Coffee.
Chicago Craft Beer Week runs May 18–25 at various locations throughout Chicago. For a full list of events, schedules, and tickets make sure to visit chibeerweek.com.